Tuesday, March 27, 2007

[Rant]Unbelievable?

I'm tired.
Tired of being an illustrator.
Tired of drawing for other people, drawing what they want, when they want it. Tired of revisions and editors who can't simply give art direction...no I have to get a 20 page synopsis.

I don't give a flying fuck about your synopsis, or your project, or the fluff material.

Tell me what you want to see in this picture.
A figure, standing/ kneeling, laying face down in a pool of his own blood...whatever. Give me facings, posture, facial expressions, what they wear and what they are doing/ carrying.

That's it.
Keep it to a paragraph or two.

Take in to consideration that I have to translate what your "vision" is and put it on paper...then send it to you to get input on so I can through a process of revisions give you what you want to see.

Also, try and remember that I'm the art guy and sometimes what you want...looks cool to you, but looks fucking retarded to everyone else. I know sometimes what you think is cool is cool and all...but sometimes your vision isn't going to work.
Deal with it.

You are paying dirt cheap prices for not only quality art, but several revisions worth of quality art...of which you are only paying for the one final version. I get to work my ass off jumping through your production schedule hoops to make you happy, so I can afford Taco Bell (sometime later, when I DO finally get paid...sometime down the road.)

What am I going to do?
My writing sucks, so that's not really marketable.
I'm sick of drawing for other FUCKING people.
Dayjob?
Hell...back to the IT graveyard where I can slave away for someone else and accomplish little.
I don't know.

I'm just tired and pissed off.
/rant

No comments: